Friday, April 6, 2012

Busy Week

I have been working on multiple projects all week in my "free" time and have so many goodies to share today.

Earlier in the week I sent out Easter "cards" that I spent all last Sunday making.  These cards were not, in fact, cards but rather jumbo sized plastic Easter eggs that I filled with some treats and confetti (lots of confetti) and a birthday candle (only because I needed something else to put in there really).  I really wanted to paint some tiny animals gold and put them in but all I could fine were tiny plastic army men, which by the way look awesome painted gold with another layer of gold glitter paint but I didn't think were appropriate for an Easter egg - they will have to find their way into other packages.  I then wrapped a ridiculous amount of packing tape around them and sent them on their merry way (there was also a covert trip to the post office to drop them in the mailbox as I was pretty sure if the staff saw the eggs they would have given me dirty looks).  I don't have a picture of the making of the eggs - let's say that keeping the dog away from the chocolate and his hair out of the confetti kept me busy enough.  But one of my best friend received hers and shared a picture of it.

This egg made it from LA to Boston!

On Monday I decided to take my hand at making my own version of the Kate Spade Rosewood Dot necklace.  I had just bought three Kate Spade bangles so I thought I would see if I could make my own version of the necklace before forking over more cash.  The only problem is that I have never made jewelry before so there was some trial and error with the tools and what not but the end result wasn't so bad. (Excuse the lousy picture of it on me - I can't get Instagram to work on my phone.)
My handmade necklace.
On Tuesday I did some painting on tiny canvases.  I have been obsessing over confetti and wanted to see if I could "paint" some.  I used a pencil eraser to get them all a uniform size and then went over some of the "confetti" with a glitter paint in the same color to get a different texture.  I did three in gold but I think I may try another color next time or bigger confetti on a bigger canvas (I am thinking a cork would work for bigger confetti).

My tiny canvas

On Wednesday my bar cart arrived and I spent the evening unwrapping it and getting it set up. 


Then last night I finally wrapped my sister's Birthday present (a few weeks late) and went a little overboard with decorating the box. Hopefully it will make her forget how late it is and make a postal worker smile (and forgive me for mailing the eggs).

Some neon tape, neon paint and neon scrap paper to brighten my sister's day!
  
 
In addition to my lack of photography skills I have a apparent inability to actually tape a box properly (but the message might make up for it).


There's also been some exciting online shopping and soon this and this will be arriving and I'm sure more fun projects will ensue.

Have a lovely Easter/Passover weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment