Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Year of Snow White

I have been a Snow White fan since forever.  One of my first memories of seeing a movie was watching the classic Disney Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  I have an obscene collection of Snow White collectibles, art and I still take my picture with Snow White at Disneyland.  I was obviously years ahead of my time because this is the year that Snow White is making her comeback. 

First the show Once Upon a Time which I never miss features Ginnifer Goodwin's Snow White as a major character and now not one but two movies are to be released.  I'm sure my weekend plans will include a trip to see Mirror, Mirror and come June I will be watching Snow White and the Huntsman.  I also love that these new versions of Snow White are a little edgier and not so damsel in distress.  Lest I forget it is also the 75th Anniversary of the release of the original animated movie so that means lots of fun stuff from Disney - can't wait.

In honor of my favorite Princess I thought I would share some of my recent favorite Snow White art and accessories that are more on par with her new attitude.

This is one of my personal favorites - I found it a few years ago in a shop in San Francisco and it doesn't seem to be sold in stores anymore -  the Fairest of the Them All necklace that is part of the  Disney Couture line.  I wear it to work, to meetings, out for drinks - it's red and gold so it goes with everything.  And its a little pick me up too because who doesn't want to be fairest of them all?



A necklace that you can still find, however, is the Heart and Dagger - also by Disney Couture - and one I think I must have for all my Snow White viewing this year.

Image via asos

A few years ago Disney released a book called The Art of the Disney Princess which has portraits and photographs of so many of the princesses like you've never imagined before.  They also made prints and canvases of some of the art work including my absolute favorite - Pop Snow White by Jenny Chung.  I have both a print (in my office) and the canvas version as well (in my home).  If Snow White is not your favorite there are also versions of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and the Little Mermaid and more to come.



Image via Acme Archives Direct
 If you're in the mood for any Disney princess paraphernalia today is a good day to check out the Disney Store website as the whole site is 25% off with the code HAPPY25 for today only - they have more traditional Snow White merchandise and some more modern items like this sequin shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment