Monday, March 19, 2012

Pillow Talk

I am obsessed with pillows or more specifically cushion covers.  I am planning to finally bite the bullet this year and get a new couch and am 98% certain I am going for gray.  To spruce up the neutral color I am planning on going crazy bright with cushion covers and maybe even changing them out once in awhile.  To that end I have spent countless hours trolling through Etsy looking for covers.  Just the other day I came upon Festive Home Decor.  There are lots of options and all the current trends - ikat, chevron and suzani prints - and the best part is they are in BRIGHT colors too. 

Given the gray couch and my penchant for all thinks pink I am thinking about getting  a pair of the sherbert collection suzani cushion covers and the pink chevron/ikat combo covers pictured below. 


Image via Festive Home Decor


Image via Festive Home Decor

The best part is that the prices are fairly reasonable.  For about $28 you can get two 16 inch covers and $35 for two 20 inch covers.  You provide the pillows which cuts down on shipping and handling and makes it easier to get different types and switch out for the seasons (I spotted some fun Christmas inspired cushions in her shop).

Another favorite shop on Etsy is Aqua Door Designs out of Australia.  These are a little pricier but the material is screen printed by hand.  Not surprisingly my favorites are the fluorescent pink designs. I love the rich colors.  One of these cushion covers would be a splurge and I'd have to think about where it would not become a head rest for the dog (who is not allowed on the furniture but is one sneaky guy when it comes to couches). 


Image via Aqua Door Designs

Image via Aqua Door Designs

Then again a whole collection of these cushion covers looks awesome together.  Maybe I could keep them hidden away until someone important came over and there was no chance of red wine getting on them (i.e., my mother).

No comments:

Post a Comment